Making a difference!
Medeba was founded in 1952, and in 1955 became a not-for-profit organization and a registered charity with the Canada Revenue Agency. Medeba is a Christian organization and its ministry and programs for young people are funded by both user fees and donations. Our general operating expenses are mostly covered by user fees and supplemented by donations to our General Fund. Capital expenses, like constructing buildings or developing activity and program areas, are completely funded by donations. All excess revenue after expenses is invested back into the organization.
We rely on and are grateful to the friends of Medeba, who support us in a number of different ways - from giving financially to volunteering their time. Every year, there are many people who work and give in order to make a difference at Medeba. We consider them partners in the mission to change young lives!
We invite you to consider partnering with us and invest in young people through giving to Medeba.
Donating Your Finances
Monetary donations can be made:
- by mail by MasterCard, VISA, or cheque
- at our office by cash, cheque, VISA, MasterCarda or debit
- regular giving automatically from your bank account by completing and returning a Pre-authorized Debit Form
All funds donated will recieve a reciept for income tax purposes
- Although user fees cover most operational expenses, this fund helps to ensure that the day to day expenses of the ministry are met.
Camper Sponsorship Fund
- Medeba has the opportunity to sponsor financially challenged families to ensure their children can have a summer camp experience. Each summer approximately 10% of our campers recieve a sponsorship.
Medeba is building a new Lodge! This is the largest project we have ever undertaken. Mountain Lodge will include a meeting room called Summit Hall; a youth lounge called Canyon Lounge; and a full-service rock climbing gym called Crag Climbing Gym.
Donating Your Time
Volunteer for a week in our summer camp program
- We love having people come and join our summer staff team for a week serving in operations or program. Contact Andrew Lang for more information.
Volunteer to work on our facilities or join a work party throughout the year
- We are always blessed when people come to give us a hand on fixing buildings or maintaining something on our facility. Contact John Morgan for more information.
- Each Spring we hold a charity auction where we auction off donated items to raise money for new program development and activities. If you would like to donate a new or slightly used item to our auction please contact Allison Tyne
Equipment or Vehicles
- If you have tools, equipment or a reliable vehicle you can no longer use let us know, we may be able to use it at Medeba. Contact John Morgan about your item.