Small Community Atmosphere
Dedicated Multipurpose meeting rooms
Located 2.5 hours north of the GTA
Wide-ranging seasonal activities
Modern facilities available year-round
Easily accommodate up to 175 youth
Generous amount of nutritional food (special diet friendly)
With approximately 200 acres of property in a near wilderness setting in the Haliburton Highlands, Medeba has first-rate facilities and service coupled with our extensive adventure-based activities will make your retreat an unforgettable experience.
Youth Retreats 2018 Fees and Dates
We invite you to experience the Medeba difference!
Because of who we are
Medeba is located in a beautiful outdoor setting, up in the Haliburton Highlands.
Medeba has a small, community atmosphere that will promote youth community development.
Medeba is a fun and exciting atmosphere.
Because of our facilities
Your group will stay in comfortable and quality accommodations. All of our accommodations are winterized for year round use. We have a large central washroom building that is bright and clean
You will be provided with private use of a multipurpose meeting room for your stay.
Because of our activities:
There is plenty to do at Medeba. Your group has a choice of many unique adventure activities that promote youth community development.
We place an emphasis on safety in our training and delivering our programs.
Because of our food service
Medeba has excellent food ... and plenty of it! You won't go hungry in our awesome dining facilities.
Because of our staff
Our goal is to provide first-rate customer service and a partnership to achieve your goals.
The Fee for a Standard Weekend Youth Retreat Includes:
Two nights accommodation
- Comfortable, fully winterized cabins with fireplaces.
- Up to 11 per cabin, single gender.
Five meals and a snack
- Saturday - breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack
- Sunday - breakfast and lunch
Your own dedicated meeting room
- With use of general A/V equipment.
- Check out our meeting rooms!
General use of the facility
- Recreational Activities and related equipment that do not require Medeba supervision.
- For every 10 group members you bring, we'll give you one leader FREE!
- Children age 0-4 years are at no cost
- Children age 5-8 years may come at 75% of the adult cost
- The more people you bring, the more free adventure activities with one of our trained staff! Please see our Adventure Activities page for more details.
- Arrival is anytime after 7:30PM Friday and Check-out by 2:00 PM Sunday.
- Meal Times: Breakfast is typically at 8:30AM, Lunch at 12:30PM, and Dinner at 5:30PM.
- Snack is served out after dinner on Saturday and the group can eat it at their own leisure.
- Special accommodations, motel type, are available for group leaders, speakers and their families.
- All guests must supply their own bedding.
- Medeba has a minimum booking capacity of 40 people. This can be met by combining the numbers from multiple groups. If you have less than 40 people in your group, please contact us to see if there are other groups on-site.
- Reserving the Facility: To have the use of the entire facility a group must pay for a minimum of 130 guests.
- Sharing the Facility: If you are not a group of 130 or more you may be sharing the facility with multiple groups. This means sharing activity areas and our dinning hall. There will be a dedicated meeting room for your group to use.