Facilitated adventure based activities
Located 2.5 hours north of the GTA
Generous amount of nutritional food (special diet friendly)
Accommodate up to 175 students
Modern facilities available year-round
Leaders in the development and implementation of risk management
With approximately 200 acres of property in a near wilderness setting, Medeba has first-rate facilities and extensive adventure-based activities that are designed for personal leadership growth and to build community, trust, cooperation, and teamwork. Using adventure and community as teaching tools is our specialty and we want to facilitate an experience that goes above your expectations.
Students are facilitated in small groups (up to 15) where they are challenged by various activities to bring about new realization and learning about themselves and the group.
We believe that a facilitated community based on inclusion and shared values is an ideal platform for challenge and growth. From this small community individuals are encouraged and supported in their learning and development.
Outdoor Recreational Activities
Our school programs introduce young people to unique recreational activities that they could adopt as part of a healthy lifestyle. They are exciting, non competitive and environmentally sensitive.
Outdoor Education 2017 Dates and Fees
The Fee For a Standard Program Includes:
- 12 hours of facilitated adventure program
- Program is delivered by our trained facilitators.
- Choose between 4 - three hour blocks or 8 - one and a half hour blocks.
- Two nights accommodation
- Housing in comfortable fully winterized cabins with fireplaces.
- Up to 11 per cabin, single gender.
- 6 meals and an unlimited coffee table
- Typically from Wednesday dinner to Friday lunch
- General use of the facility
- Use of Recreation Activities and related equipment that do not require supervision.
- Use of general media equipment.
- Teachers & Chaperones
- For every 10 students you bring, we'll give you one leader FREE!
Note: In order to keep prices low and promote community participation, we ask that students help set up the dining hall for meals and clean up dishes and the dining hall from meals. Setup typically takes 30 mins, while cleanup is approximately 30-60 mins. Medeba may be able to provide these services for an additional cost upon request.
- Arrival is 1:00 PM Wednesday and Check-out by 2:00 PM Friday.
- Meal Times: Breakfast is typically at 8:00AM, Lunch at 12:30 PM, and Dinner at 5:30 PM.
- Special accommodations, motel type, are available for group teachers and chaperones.
- All guests must supply their own bedding.
- Medeba has a minimum booking capacity of 25 people. This can be met by combining the numbers from multiple groups. If you have less than 25 people in your group, please contact us to see if there are other groups on-site.
- Reserving the Faciltiy: To have the use of the entire facility a group must pay for a minimum of 130 guests.
- Sharing the Facility: If you are not a group of 130 or more you may be sharing the facility with multiple groups. This means sharing activity areas and our dinning hall. There will be a dedicated meeting room for your group to use.
Your Adventure at Medeba
Our desire is for students to learn as much as possible during their outdoor education retreat. They may learn hard skills about climbing, soft skills regarding working as a team, or they might learn something new about themselves. There are a number of ways we do this, starting right from booking to the facilitation methods we use.
Eating and Living
We have great facilities and food to make your stay at Medeba special!
Staff and Safety
Safety is a priority at Medeba and we make it a priority to provide an exciting adventure experience, while maintaining the safest possible risk management strategies. Our staff are highly trained to provide the best experience possible.