Why Choose Medeba?
We invite you to experience the Medeba Difference!
Choosing a summer camp for your children is a significant decision. We understand that you are entrusting us with the most treasured and vulnerable people in your life. Please take a moment to consider the features and benefits of Medeba Summer Camp:
- Established in 1952 in beautiful Haliburton County, Medeba has been providing quality summer camp experiences for over 60 years.
- We are a non-denominational Christian camp where everyone is welcome. We are a safe place to explore faith and what the Bible has to say about God, Jesus and life.
- Trained staff with high moral standards serve as positive role models to the campers. We have two leaders in every cabin with up to eight campers. Choosing our staff is a significant process including an extensive interview, references and police checks. We boast a mature summer staff with an average age of 21.
- We are intentional about creating a community that is a positive environment of engagement, encouragement and acceptance. We do not allow put-downs, even in a joking way. Medeba is a great place to be yourself and develop healthy interdependence.
- We are serious about managing risk and being a safe place for campers and staff both physically and socially. We have developed comprehensive risk management procedures and protocol for our activities and for living in community in a camp setting. We meet and exceed Provincial and Ontario Camping Association standards and we invest heavily in training and competency determination for our staff and instructors.
- We do fun! You can be assured that your children will have one of the best weeks of their summer!
- Satisfaction guaranteed. We are so convinced of the value of the Medeba experience that we guarantee it. If you are not completely satisfied we will make it right or refund your money
- We facilitate lasting memories and good friendships. We are an intentionally small camp community with only 96 residential campers, 32 day campers, 18 LITs and 75 staff. All together we have a nice community of just over 200 people. It is not uncommon for campers to get to know most of the other young people attending the same week.
- Our facilities exceed expectations. We have wonderful cabins complete with functional windows and doors. They are bright and welcoming with lots of space for the campers and staff. We have modern washrooms with a generous amount of toilets, showers and sinks.
- Extensive adventure activities. With a 15-element ropes course, double giant swing, double 700-foot zipline, vertical team challenge tower, indoor and outdoor rock climbing walls, summer ice climbing tower, mountain biking and boarding, and lake and white water boating, we are leaders in the use of adventure activities as fun and exciting development tool.
- Rich traditional camp activities available include swimming, archery, air rifle target sports, woodworking, arts and crafts, canoeing, and kayaking.
- We provide high quality food and lots of it. We follow the Canada Food Guide and provide a full range of meals complete with fruit and vegetables and lots of liquids. Fresh water and fruit are available to the campers at all times during the day. Our food service staff have extensive experience in preparing food and have their safe food handling certification.
Check out the research about a Summer Camp Experience...
Summer camp is an invaluable experience in the life of a young person, according to a recent study by the Canadian Camping Association. The study analyzed the following five areas of personal development: social integration and citizenship, environmental awareness, self-confidence and personal development, emotional intelligence, and attitudes towards physical activity. The study found that positive development occurs in all five areas over the course of one camp session.